WHY EXIT INTERVIEWS?
Exit interviews are normally held with an employee that is leaving or about to leave a company. The purposes of this interview vary, but usually consist of:
1. Understanding why a person has decided to leave the company
2. Understanding to know how they can improve
3. Keep good relations and ensure a good reputation for the future
THE BIG CHALLENGES WITH EXIT INTERVIEWS
Lacking in quality
The quality of an exit interview depends on how open and honest the employee can be during the interview. Our experience clearly indicates that there are many contributing factors to why employees feel like they cannot express themselves freely:
- Time constraint
- Lacking motivation to honestly share their experiences
- The relation with the person conducting the interview
- Not wanting to burn any bridges
Lacking in material
Even if exit interviews are common at most companies today, there is seldom evidence whether the exit interview has led to positive change.
- There often lacks a strategy and/or processes to use the exit interviews for company growth
- The people conducting the interviews often lack experience
- The exit interviews are in survey form or follow a restricted template
- The follow-up is often minimal or non-existent
- Data from the interviews stay within departments or even employees
THE POTENTIALS OF WELL PREFORMED EXIT INTERVIEWS
- Understand HR-related problems and possibilities
- A deeper understanding of corporate culture and value compliance
- Get insights into how the leadership style affects employees
- Communicational and informational boundaries
- Innovation potential and clear possibilities to action
- Increased loyalty and profitability
- Create a good record and build great relationships
EXIT INTERVIEWS BY DANJI
Danji’s interview technicians will make your employees feel comfortable to tell their story freely. The interviews are documented professonally, so you can feel comfortable knowing that your data is safe. Our open, unstructured interviews create a climate where your employee can share their views and feelings freely.
After the interviews have been conducted our trained linguistics and behavioural scientists will analyse the data based on the latest scientific theories within linguistics and the social sciences. When Danji’s analysts have enough data to perform analysis, the information is structued into a report with both short- and longterm action points.